The city of Chennai has a plethora of health care institutes. The region is not subjected to epidemics too often. The facilities provided in the city ensure quailty health services and safe standards. There are however, cases reported of the tourists who suffered from minor ailments. As a precautionary measure it is would be wise to use the safe drinking water instead of tap water. The diseases if they somehow happen to struck are usually water borne.
Health awareness among the local masses is quite high. At Chennai it is not surprising to find gymnasiums and health resorts even in small localities. Have an early morning walk in one of the local parks or beach promenade and you will find all sorts of people. The only bad thing about the place is the excessive humidity and temperature. But if you are travelling somewhere between November and March things won't be that bad. In terms of infrastructure the city is one great place in the South India. There are numerous hospitals and some reputed establishments of the state located within the premises. Some well known service providers include:
ESI Hospitals: Ayanavaram, Chetpet, Choolai, K. K. Nagar, Pallavaram, Thiruvottiyur, Villivakkam.
Government Hospitals: Govt. General Hospital, Royapettah Hospital, Arignar Anna Govt. Hospital, Govt. Opthalmic Hospital, Govt. Hospital for Women and Children.
General: Appollo Hospitals, Balaji Hospitals, Balakrishna Eye Hospital & Eye Research Centre, Communicable Diseases Hospitals, Dr. Mehta's Nursing Home, AVM Medical ENT Research Foundation.
.. Diagnostics Centers .. 24hr Chemists .. Beauty Parlours .. Doctors .. Hospitals
.. Health Clubs .. Blood Banks .. Stadiums
-General ..Chennai Discotheques ..Chennai Water Sports ..Chennai Cinema Halls
- History .. Chennai Shopping Malls ..Chennai Entertainment ..Chennai Excursions ..Pulicat
- Dos & Don'ts ..Amusement Parks ..Crocodile Bank ..Mahabalipuram ..Muttukadu
- Important Facts ..Thanjavur
- Must Know- Weather/Climate - Things To Do - Embassies- Tourist Offices - Airports
- Bus Stations - Central Railway Station - Egmore Railway Station
KNOW CHENNAI BY PLACES
- Ambattur - Anna Nagar - Ayanavaram - Kilpauk - Porur - Vadapalani
- Adyar - KK Nagar - Kotturpuram - Meenambakkam - Mylapore - Saidapet - Tambaram
- Teynampet - Thyagaraya Nagar - Tiruvanmiyur - Velachery
- Egmore - George Town - Nungambakkam - Royapettah - Triplicane
Around Chennai - Kanchipuram - Tiruvallur
Others ..Chennai Monuments
.. Airport ..Bus Station .. Freemasons Hall
.. Central Railway Station ..Fort St. George
.. Egmore Railway Station ..Kamaraj Memorial House